Youth Ministry: 2017 - 2018 Mission Leadership Team
What is Mission Leadership Team?
Mission Leadership Team (MLT) is a discipleship program for 11th and 12th grade youth who want to explore their faith by learning to seek and love God, love and serve people. Participants commit to attending all MLT meetings, youth group participation, and regular forms of leadership and service at First Church.
What are the MLT meetings about?
Each meeting will have a different focus of faith exploration. It's a chance to try and answer some questions about who God has created you to be, prior to graduating from high school. The goal is to try and answer the question, "who am I" as God's creation?
What are the MLT requirements?
To participate in Mission Leadership Team and to attend the summer MLT mission trip, the following requirements must be met:
- 100% attendance at scheduled MLT meetings
- At least 65% attendance at Youth Group
- At least one monthly act of leadership at First Church (select using the "Add On" options while registering)
What about the MLT mission trip?
MLT participants who meet all requirements can attend the Mission Leadership Team Mission Trip. This year we will serve with Renewed Hope Missions in the Dominican Republic.
Note that the dates listed are placeholders until flights are booked. This usually occurs in late January. Please keep the entire span of dates open and notify Justin immediately if there are any conflicts.
What are the MLT meeting dates and how much does the trip cost?
The total Mission Leadership Team Mission Trip is $1,500 and can be split up with five $300 payments due during the first five MLT meetings:
- September 10, 2017 - Meeting 1 - $300 Due (rescheduled to 9/17 due to Irma)
- October 1, 2017 - Meeting 2 - $300 Due
- November 5, 2017 - Meeting 3 - $300 Due
- December 3, 2017 - Meeting 4 - $300 Due
- February 11, 2018 - Meeting 5 - Final Balance Due
- April 8, 2018 - MLT Meeting 6
- May 20, 2018 - Mission Trip Training
- May 31 - June 6, 2018 - Tentative Mission Trip Dates
Participation on the Mission Leadership Team Mission Trip also comes with a $200 discount on the cost of the High School Mission Trip. You will receive a discount code when that trip begins registration. The High School Mission Trip is not included in the $1,500 MLT trip payments.
- In order to attend a Retreat or Mission Trip with First United Methodist Church of Orlando, an existing relationship with the church is required.
- Partial scholarships are available by request and need.
- For help navigating our registration system, please read this guide.
- If you have questions prior to registering, please contact Justin Cox.
- Greeting at 530 Worship: $0
- Serving Communion at 530 Worship: $0
- Wednesday Night Core: $0
- Sunday Morning Children's Sunday School: $0